Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Beach (Day 3 of 7)

Each morning I've gone down to the shore at around 6:30 to just take in a moment of relaxation, because once the kids get up, my day usually becomes a string of tasks with three common goals:
  1. Maintain peace and order
  2. Sustain life
  3. Prevent self-inflicted harm

After sipping coffee by the water and watching dolphins skim the ocean's surface, I returned home to the sound of my oldest son vowing to never use his (current) toothbrush again. The reason for his proclamation was because his sister had accidentally used it. Although her mix-up was an honest mistake, I can truly sympathize with him. Throughout the night, something happens in my beautiful daughter's mouth that produces quite lethal vapors by 7:00 a.m. or so. If you stop to think about it, the whole purpose of a toothbrush is to remove most, if not all, of the nastiness that's causing those smells of death. For that reason, I too, would vow to replace my toothbrush if faced with such a dilemma.

The rest of the day was really great. I kept the kids while the ladies did some afternoon shopping at the local outlet mall in Foley. My wife, Michelle, brought back some crawfish etouffe from my favorite local restaurant. It was awesome. So far, this get-away has been exactly what we hoped it would be . . . FUN.

No comments: