Monday, July 7, 2008

The Beach (Day 2 of 7)

We just completed day-2 of a 7-day vacation in Fort Morgan, AL. Basically, it's a little strip of sand that somehow stayed above sea level and they built some beach houses there. If you look it up on Mapquest or Google Maps, you'll see what I mean.

We're having a blast! We've seen dolphins each morning just 100 yards offshore, which was a first for me. We've also been stung by jelly fish and fooled by a floating trash bag disguised as a sting ray. Boy, did we look stupid jumping around shouting "STING RAY." The drawstring really gave it away several minutes into the gleeful celebration. I guess everyone needs a humbling moment like that every now and then.

Tonight we went "crabbing." That involves running around the beach with a flashlight, net, and bucket while chasing little crabs who just want to be left alone. In the end, we let them all go, but I'm sure they weren't amused by our idea of "fun."

Well, I'll stop right there and share more in a day or two. When we get home I'll post some pictures. Until then, take care.

1 comment:

Freda Tapp said...

Wow, Micah! Thanks for the link!

I LOVE your first post and definitely enjoy your writing style. I felt like I was there and I cracked up over the trash bag.

Your timing is perfect for this blog, just when I was getting antsy to know how things were going at the beach.

Can't wait for the photos!