Saturday, March 14, 2009

It's Been A While

Well, it's well into March of '09 and my last post was around Thanksgiving of last year, so needless to say . . . I've been completely negligent of my blogger page. If anyone is out there, then "I'm sorry."

Basically, my life is going well and I'm truly blessed; however, I'm surrounded by friends in need. All I know to do is keep praying that God enables me to bless them somehow. I don't have much extra money, but that isn't always the answer anyway. If anyone reading this happens to be going through a rough time right now, please put your trust in God. Do your very best to keep going, but remember that He is in control of your life. Ask Him for what you need and He will hear you. I truly believe that what He desires mostly is your obedience, and it starts with laying your burdens at His feet. Just something to think about . . .

My wife and kids continue to be my joy. I learn something new about fatherhood everyday. I'm trying to maintain and strengthen my relationship with my daughter as she nears her teenage years. My belief is that only the love and trust we share with one another will be what stands the test of time in these challenging phases ahead of us. I've been trying to equip (or "prepare") her for years now and I'm sure I won't be done with that any time soon. She's so great. My prayer is that she becomes an example to her peers of how you can live righteously and still be accepted in the social scene.

My boys are also doing great. They are mature beyond their years. Noah is so loving and good-hearted. Jonah is full of integrity. Landon teaches me patience over and over. Michelle is the love of my life. I can honestly say that I love being who I am because of my family.

More updates: My career is wonderful. We're getting use to middle Georgia. I'll be starting my master's degree in the next few months, which will help me compete for a promotion within the next 18 months. It snowed a couple of weeks ago. I'm producing a lot of music these days. We joined a new church a few months ago and I'm playing the drums in the praise band. Hannah & Noah were baptized last month. I changed my eating lifestyle three weeks ago and have lost 9 lbs so far. My mother is having surgery on Monday, 16 March, so please pray for her. I have to finish an online course by midnight tomorrow, so please pray for me as well. And lastly, the boys and I sure are enjoying the new animated series of Star Wars: The Clone Wars.

OK. I'll end by just posting some pictures of the kids. Talk to you later!



No comments: